Thursday, August 18, 2011

An announcement!

I am very happy to say that after 2 failed selection hearings that our family has been chosen for a 3 month old baby girl! I honestly have been hesitant to say anything and didn't even announce that we were selected for the hearing mainly b/c it's such a let down to not get picked. So though I'm super excited for our family I also can totally empathize with the 2 families who weren't selected b/c we've been in their shoes.
This baby's adoption is a bit different as it's considered a "low-legal risk" vs. matched adoption and there will be more legal hoops to jump through so even though I am saying that we were selected the adoption will take 6-8 months to finalize AND first we have to meet her and make sure that we mesh and ensure that we will be the best parents for her.

I covet your prayers and ask that you would pray that God's will be done and no matter what.

So aside from our really big news I also wanted to let you guys know that I am now an official designer for The Cutest Blog on the Block. You can see my new bio on their web page HERE.
I won't be taking custom orders from their site just yet b/c it sounds like we may have our baby girl w/in the next 2-3 weeks which means I'll be super busy getting the house ready, etc. Once I start taking orders I'll let you guys know. Also I'll still be doing custom work for Adopt Africa Designs as well to continue my sponsorship of the kiddos in Ethiopia.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Prayers to you as you are preparing your home and hearts for your little girl!!! Also, congrats on joining CBOTB!

    ReplyDelete